What it do mayne? We are at a time of year where teachers will be fake caring about us(I say that wholeheartedly). They will have there students make poster boards about their favorite celebrities, etc… The internet will have stupid memes mimicking the heritage. You will see a lot of post about arguing why it should only be celebrated during February and so on.
Since its February 1st and many are so “eager” to celebrate “Black History Month”, I am going to give you 10 books that you should read to celebrate it. Me personally I celebrate our heritage year round because there is no way you can sum up our history in 28 days.
These books are not for the weak. #SWBY
1. THE DESTRUCTION OF BLACK CIVILAZTION: GREAT ISSUES OF A RACE FROM 4500 B.C. TO 2000 A.D. by Chancellor Williams
2. GOD, THE BLACK MAN AND TRUTH by Ben Ammi
3. POST TRAUMATIC SLAVE SYNDROME:AMERICA’S LEGACY OF ENDURING INJURY AND HEALING by Joy Angela Dugruy, Ph.D.
4. THE ISIS PAPERS:THE KEYS TO THE COLORS by Frances Cress Welsing (Long Live)
5. NIGGER by Dick Gregory
6. SOULED OUT? HOW BLACKS ARE WINNING AND LOSING IN SPORTS by Shaun Powell
7. THE NEW JIM CROW: MASS INCARCERATION IN THE AGE OF COLORBLINDNESS by Michelle Alexander
8. MEDICAL APARTHEID: THE DARK HISTORY OF MEDICAL EXPERIMENTATION ON BLACK AMERICANS FROM COLONIAL TIMES TO THE PRESENT by Harriet A. Washington
9. BLACK BOURGEOISIE: THE BOOK THAT BROUGHT THE SHOCK OF SELF-REVELATION TO MIDDLE-CLASS BLACKS IN AMERICA by E. Franklin Frazier
10. HEBREWS TO NEGROES: WAKE UP BLACK AMERICA by Ronald Dalton, Jr.